Expansion of Termogas Machala TPP in Ecuador
The project includes expansion of the existing Termogas Machala thermal power plant by building a gas-turbine power generation unit and a steam turbine. As a result, Termogas Machala will be the first thermal power plant in Ecuador to operate in combined steam-gas cycle. Its installed capacity will increase from 130 MW to 308 MW.
The Customer: State Company of Ecuador CELEC E.P.
Equipment and works:
- Design, delivery, construction, installation and launch of an additional 6FA gas-turbine unit;
- Design, delivery, construction, installation and launch of a additional steam-turbine unit;
- Construction of additional transmission lines;
- Expansion of two existing substations on turnkey conditions.
- The whole project is valued at approximately $230 million.
- The Customer provides funding of the project using an export loan from JSC Roseximbank extended against sovereign guarantees of the Republic of Ecuador.